Monday Blues.... it is the "ahhhhh no" day for me.
I just had the two most glorious days.. Saturday and Sunday... spending the whole day with my son and hubby... doing what ever I like... lazying on bed for as long as I need....
Now I should be back to work, get up early in the morning... prepare breakfast and pack boxes for both my men. Back to cleaning, cooking, washing :-)
So to overcome my Monday blues, I start my day listening to good music. I love listening to Rafi. My favorite songs are "Chaudavin Ka Chand Ho" and "Baharon Phool Barsaao" sung by him, such a wonderful songs with wonderful lyrics .... can a day start better than this!!
Thinking about delicious and comforting food also helps in dealing with Monday blues in my case :-)
Usually on Mondays I cook which is very easy, which takes very less time and effort.
The recipe I am sharing with you is one such dish which is simple yet delicious and goes well with Roti or Steamed rice.
What you need:
Cauliflower : 1, big and firm, cut into bite sized florets
Peas : 1 cup (I used frozen)
Salt : to taste
Chilli powder : 1 tsp (you can add more or less acc. to your taste)
Coriander leaves : a handful, chopped
Onion : 1, thinly sliced
Ginger : 1 inch piece, finely chopped
Curry leaves : a few
Turmeric : 1 tsp
Mustard seeds: 1tsp
Jeera : 1 tsp
Oil : 3 or 4 Tbsp
Dry roast and grind:
Coriander seeds (Dhaniya) : 1 1/2 Tbsp
Fennel Seeds (Saunf) : 1 1/2 Tbsp
Jeera : 1/2 Tbsp
- Add oil in a large pan. After it is hot, add mustard seeds and jeera.
- After the mustard seeds splutter, add curry leaves, chopped ginger and sliced onions and turmeric.
- Fry for a min or two, and add the ground masala powder.
- Fry for few mins, and add cauliflower and peas.
- Mix, and add salt and red chilli powder.
- Mix well. Cover and cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the lid, increase the heat to high, and saute for few more minutes till the moisture disappears.
- Adjust salt. Add the coriander leaves.
- Serve with Roti or Steamed rice.
You can also make this as a gravy, by adding a tomato paste or by adding cashew paste.
For extra crunchiness, you can add some peanuts.
Happy Cooking and Have a Fabulous Monday!!!
Let me know how you deal with Monday Blues.