Autumn is starting and surprisingly I found some Strawberries in the Farmers market few days back... I wanted to preserve them so that we could have these delicious fruit even during the coming winter months.
I made a sauce out of half of the fruit. It is very simple recipe, and this sauce can be frozen and used when needed.
You can increase or decrease the quantity of sugar and lemon juice according to your taste.
What you Need :
Strawberries : 500 gms
Sugar : 100 gms
Lemon Juice : 2 - 3 Tbsp
- Wash the Strawberries, and remove the green stems, and cut into quarters.
- Put in the blender or food processor, add Sugar and blend till smooth.
- Remove and add lemon juice and mix well.
- Store in a jar and freeze.
- You can add this as topping on Vanilla ice cream or add it to milkshake.. and Enjoy!!