Inexpensive, convenient and delicious, eggs are the perfect choice for the entire family. They can be prepared quickly in a variety of ways to suit everyone’s taste buds.
Coming to the recipe...
Onion: 1 big
Tomato: 3 big
Ginger: 1 inch piece
Garlic: 3 pods
Tamarind: size of lemon
Salt: as per taste
Red Chilly Powder: 1 tsp
Garam Masala: 1 tsp
Turmeric: 1/2 tsp
Oil: 3 tbsp
Dry Red Chilly: 2
Mustard: 1 tsp
Jeera: 1 tsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
- Boil eggs and remove the shells and keep aside.
- Blanch tomatoes in boiling water for 10 mins. Cool and grind.
- Pass it through a seive to get fine puree.
- Chop onions very finely.
- Grind ginger and garlic. (Alternatively you can use 1 tbsp of GingerGarlic paste).
- Soak tamarind in warm water and extract the pulp.
- Heat oil in a wide kadai.
- Add all the ingredients for tadka.
- After they splutter, add the finely chopped onions and turmeric.
- Fry for 5 mins and add ginger garlic paste.
- Fry for few more mins, and add tomato puree.
- Add salt, red chilly powder. Mix and cover.
- Let it simmer for few mins, approx 10 -15 mins
- Now add tamarind pulp, garam masala.
- Mix and add eggs.
- Simmer for 10 more mins.
- Garnish with corriander and Serve hot with Rice.
And the Verdict:
Very delicious and healthy... tastes even better with hot rice :-)
This is my entry for the Curry Mela event being hosted by dear SriValli of Cooking For All Seasons.