I would like to celebrate the Independence day with the Tri Color halwa :)
Sooji : 2 cups
Sugar : 3 cups
Ghee : 1 cup
Water : 5 cups
Salt, a pinch
Green Color, few drops
Orange Color, few drops
- Heat ghee in a wide bottomed pan.
- Add Sooji, and fry on low, till it gives a very nice aroma.
- Meanwhile keep water for boiling.
- Add boiling water to sooji, while mixing well, to avoid lumps.
- Keep stirring on medium, till all the water has been absorbed.
- Add sugar and salt, and mix well.
- Stir till it forms halwa consistency.
- Divide the halwa into 3 portions.
- Mix orange color in one, and green in an other.
- Take a wide plate, and put the halwa mixed with green and even it.
- Then put the one without any color and even.
- Lastly put the orange one and flatten.
- Leave it cool.
- Cut into desired pieces and Serve.
And the Verdict:
I did not feel like serving as it is, becoz it resembled the national flag.
So I separated the layers and made them as two layered halwa after the photo session :)
Very appealing with different colors and tasty too!!!