The food was excellent, and by the time it was 6 in the evening, there used to be a huge crowd.
Once I tried telling him that the spelling on the van was wrong and has to be corrected, and his answer was "Kya farakh padtha hain, Cheneese ho ya Chinese ho? Dhanda tho acha chal raha hain na!" (What is the difference if it is Cheneese or Chinese, when the business is going good)
Long grained rice/ Basmati Rice: 2 cups
Beans Finely Chopped: 1/4 cup
Carrot Finely Chopped: 2
Green peas: 1/4 cup
Cabbage Finely Chopped: 1/4 cup
Spring Onions Finely Chopped: 2
Green Chilies Chopped Finely: 2-3
Ginger Chopped Finely: 1 tsp
Garlic Finely Chopped: 1 tsp
Soya Sauce: 2 tbsp
Ajinimoto: 1 tsp
Salt & pepper to taste
Oil: 3 tbsp
How I did it:
- Cook Rice, adding little salt to the water.
- Heat oil in a wok and add chopped onions, garlic, ginger, green chillies.
- Then add all the chopped vegetables and stir fry.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Vegetables should be crisp and not overcooked.
- Mix salt and pepper to taste.
- Add Ajinimoto and soya sauce.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes and serve hot.
Simple and easy. The best choice when you do not have much time to cook.
This can also be used as a stuffing, in recipes like Stuffed Capsicum