So here goes the recipe for the Gobi Parathas...
For the Dough:
Whole Wheat Flour: 3 cups
All Purpose Flour: 1 cup
Yogurt: 2 tbsp
Warm Water: for kneading
Salt: to taste
For the Filling:
Cauliflower: 3 cups, grated
Onion: 1 small, finely chopped
Finely Chopped Garlic: 1 tsp
Finely Chopped Ginger: 1 tsp
Green Chillies: 4, finely chopped (Adjust acc to taste)
Jeera/Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder: a pinch
Amchur/Dry Mango Powder: ½ tsp
Garam Masala: 1 tsp
Kitchen King Masala: 1/2 tsp
Fresh Coriander Leaves: a handful, finely chopped
Oil: 1 tsp
Salt: to taste
How I did it:
- Knead the dough with the whole wheat flour and maida, using curd and warm water. Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and let it rest for about 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add cumin seeds.
- When it sizzles, add finely chopped onions, green chillies, ginger and garlic and fry for few mins.
- Add turmeric, dry mango powder, garam masala, kitchen king masala and mix well.
- Mix in grated cauliflower florets and salt to taste and fry for 4 to 5 mins till the Gobi becomes soft and the mixture is dry.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves, and turn off the heat and let the stuffing come to a room temperature. The filling should cool down completely before starting the next step.
- Now roll out small balls of the dough and fill with 1 tbsp of the filling.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin. Dust liberally with flour to avoid the stickiness.
- Pat off the excess flour and roast on a hot griddle.
- Fry one side for 1 minute and then turn over and brush with a little oil.
- When the second side is done and golden brown, flip and brush with a little oil on that side too.
- Serve hot with raita.
And the Verdict:
Parathas are always yummy.... and Gobi stuffing is different from the regular aloo we use. And it is not as heavy as Aloo Parathas.....
It is a perfect selection for Brunch.... tasty, healthy and filling :-)
More Paratha Recipes:
Wylde Woman Award:
LubnaKarim of Kitchen Flavours and Amu of Amu's World passed me on this "Wylde Woman Award".
Purpose of the Award: To send love and acknowledgment to men and women, who brighten your day, teach you new things and live their lives fully with generosity and joy. It's been a blessing and an inspiration to meet all of you through your wonderful blogs.
Thank You girls for the sweet gesture, which helps me in motivating and make my blog better and better each day!!!