But still, the dishes I mentioned are my favorite till date :)
I always thought that preparing Aloo Palak is a tedious and a long process, till I came to know about the recipe, and it looked very easy and no-fuss type. I made this for dinner yesterday and served with some hot rotis and it was a hit!
Now to the Recipe,
Palak/Spinach: 500 gms
Ginger Garlic Paste: 2 Tbsp
Onion: 1 big, chopped
Green chilies: 4, chopped (adjust acc. to taste)
Aloo/Potatoes: 5, boiled and diced
Turmeric: 1 Tsp
Ghee/Butter: 4 Tbsp
Cumin seeds: 1 Tsp
Garam masala: 1 Tsp
Coriander and Cumin powder: 1 Tsp
Fresh cream: 1 Tbsp
Salt to taste
How I did it:
- Boil spinach and Keep aside.
- Take oil in a small Kadai and fry onions, green chilies and ginger garlic paste.
- Blend them to a fine puree, along with boiled spinach and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a wide pan, fry cumin seeds and add spinach and onion mixture. Boil covered on low for 5 mins.
- Now add the potatoes, garam masala, coriander-cumin powder, salt and water if needed. Boil for few minutes till the potatoes absorb the flavor.
- Season with fresh cream.
- Serve hot with hot rotis or jeera rice.
And the Verdict:
Creamy, Rich and Delicious.
Its even perfect for children as it is low in spice levels.